Congratulations and Thank you!
Congratulations to the Honor Band for a fantastic performance at the Northern Lights Ice Festival last Friday. Students, you worked very hard and came to extra rehearsals. I'm very proud of you. You represented E.D. Walker very well and it was a great event!
Thank you to all the parents drove out and attended and especially to those that brought trucks and helped with equipment.
Concert - Tuesday - December 16
Tuesday evening is our biggest event of the semester. Our semester concert. This is important for several reasons:
- It is the "world premier" of our beginning band. Their very first performance!
- It is the final performance of the semester and a "test grade" for each and every band student.
- It is our first time this year to see and hear the entire band family at one event
What to wear
- Beginning Band - school pants and Band T-shirt. Students may also wear something festive along with their Band Shirt - like a Santa hat. No jeans please. Skirts must be knee length or longer.
- Advanced Band - Dress Up! All black is the standard dress. Dress pants, shirt and shoes. Boys may wear a coat and tie but it is not required. Girls may wear a dress but it is not required. No jeans please. Students may have colorful accents like a tie, scarf , jewelry or a festive sweater. Acceptable accent colors are Red, Green or Blue. Skirts must be knee length or longer. No jeans please.
Schedule for the Day of the Concert
- 1:00 - school releases and band rehearsal begins in the band hall
- 2:00 - move equipment to the auditorium
- 2:30 - Clinic - Advanced band on stage, Beginners in the Band Hall
- 4:00 - Dress rehearsal. This is a practice run through of the entire concert. Parents are welcome to attend.
- 5:00 - Supper time. Students should bring a sack lunch or $5 for pizza
- 6:00 - Call time. All students should be in place in the auditorium. Doors open to the public
- 6:30 - Concert begins
- 7:45 - Concert Ends
$5 for Pizza Tuesday afternoon - Students should bring $5 for pizza by Monday Dec 15 so we can order pizza for Tuesday evening.
Any parents that would like to help by picking up pizza Tuesday afternoon and helping serve the students by 5:00 would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Mr. Flemons by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 469-774-9934