Let's celebrate another wonderful year with our students!
End of Year Activities
- May 16 - End of the Year Concert and PTA meeting
- Students should wear their band shirt and khaki pants
- Students may stay after school for practice. Bring a sack lunch or order pizza for $5
- 6:00 PM PTA meeting followed by the Concert
- Cake and cookie reception following the concert - each family please donate 1 cake or 1 dozen cookies
- May 17 - Instrument Turn-In and check out for next year - 2013-14
- All school instruments must be turned in for inventory
- Instruments may be checked out for the summer and next school beginning May 27
- May 31 - End of the Year Party
- Pre-purchase a meal ticket for $5 before May 27
- Last week of school - Award Ceremonies - details to follow
- June 17-22 - Summer Band Camp with the Dallas Wind Symphony
- We encourage every student to attend. Cost is only $25 and the Band Booster is offering $15 scholarships to the first 25 6th and 7th grade students that apply so your cost is only $10.
- Students will need to check out an instrument for the summer/next year. Cost $25.
- Students will perform their concert on the stage of the Meyerson Symphony Center on May 21.
Also, there are no more morning or afternoon practices after the last concert for the rest of the year.